Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Who, Mua?

It's been a while since I've last written because I've been sick. This damn cold that everyone is getting, spreading, suffering from, etc. It's like kind of being hit by a garbage truck and swallowing the slime that sprayed from the impact, so you're left with wanting to go to bed and hack up green shit. It's as pleasant as I can describe it.

So my being sick of course stopped me from being my creative, personal, and witty self at your entertainment disposal. I apologize to my family and friends for not supplying you with your daily montage of curses and Kathyisms. Speaking of cursing, my daughter is now saying Shit. Over and over again. So it comes out shitshitshitshitshitshit as she walks around with her Minnie Mouse doll. I am mortified and utterly embarrassed. I really need to push hard for this New Year's Resolution (from 2007) that demands that I cut out the cursing. I'm working on it. Slowly, but fucking surely.

As for my hell that is my literary bubble, it is fast deflating around me along with my ego as there is a silent period. No letters sent out from me, no responses back from people I emailed over a week ago. I knew there would be lulls, so it's okay. But it's kind of putting me in this funk that's making me think of just the rejections that I've received. Grrr. As for that agent that requested material, bless her little heart, my stuff will be in the mail tomorrow. Yeah, it should have been out last week, but I'm blaming it on proctastination caused by my garbage truck incident. I slowed to a crawl but I'm gonna pick up the pace again. Just a little bit of music and positive thoughts and I'll be good. Oh, and some phonecalls and love notes from people saying how cool I am could certainly help.

No comments: