Wednesday, February 4, 2009

I THINK I CAN I THINK I CAN I THINK I CAN

Okay, new day. New optimism, not yet squelched. I am taking advantage of this opportunity to be positive.

I plan on writing more queries today using my fantastic wit and dramatic flair. We'll see how far it gets me before I start cursing. Which, for those of you who know me, might not take very long.

I was checking out other blogs last night, curious for any glimmer of hope in an otherwise bleak and depressing publishing world, when I read Publisher's Weekly article on the bleak winter for the book business. Sigh. That didn't help. Can't we all think positively, people????

Yeah, I picked a great time to write a book. Sheesh. It's like that time where I decided to climb a water tower with no treads on my shoes. Stupid stupid stupid. From my view, I am about to have this long, arduous journey [that may or may not, with luck or without any luck, for profit or not-for-profit, with weeks, months or years or waiting,] to fulfill this one goal that I set for myself when I was just a kid: that I would have lots of people read a really cool story that I wrote. The only change from my seven-year-old dream is that the story doesn't include a young princess riding a purple elephant who takes her to a magical underworld of devil fairies. Otherwise, I'm still hoping.

And wishing.

And praying.

Good enough, right?

Off to write queries and become bitchy.

No comments: